Thursday, January 05, 2006

Where's the ice cream when you NEED it?

This pregnancy thing has thrown me for a loop. I know, I know, this is number three, and in many ways, just about everything with this pregnancy is old hat. Not much phases me. But being on an island adds its own realm of surrealness. Unlike previous pregnancies (in southern California), there isn't much going for me in the way of satisfying a craving. Four restaurants (one is sushi), a general store (closes at 8:30) and a health food store (closes earlier and costs more)... not much can be done when I really, really want Rolo ice cream at 10 p.m. Of course, this delights Chris - he is the king of healthful eating, and advocates high quantities of protein, none of which is supposed to come from ice cream. Alas. But the craving continues.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite sure that quality is more important that quantity and that the highest quality is available only in ice cream.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home